I got nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! What an honour, please click here to see the blogger’s page who nominated me.
A big thank you to PurpleOrangeSite, I am so very honoured and flattered to be number 1 on your list of nominees. 😀 Great way to start my 100 day happiness challenge.
A part of being nominated, one of the rules are to say at least 7 facts about me, so here goes:
- I love naps, I would probably call it my most favourite hobby, if sleeping can be qualified as a hobby
- I am curious about the most random things, for example have you ever thought about why the chocolate company is called Godiva? Did you know that the name Godiva has history behind it? (please see below as I tell the story)
- I love cats, I feel one can never have enough cats. At the same time I feel the same way about dogs. I would like to have a farm one day with lots of animals.
- I am naturally like my father but due to being close to my mother I have moulded to be more like her
- I am a law graduate, working as a paralegal and hoping to find the right opportunity to qualify as an English Lawyer as academically I have passed my qualifications, I just need training (or do the nybar to become a US Attorney and then do the conversion exams to also be an English Solicitor)
- I love being by the beach, it’s the ultimate way for me to relax
- sometimes I like to sit… yes just that, just sit and do nothing but sit, with no tv on or phone near me but just sit.
Now for the story of Godiva. Legend has it, Lady Godiva was the wife of a landlord who was imposing an oppressive tax on his tenants. Lady Godiva took pity on the tenants and requested her husband countless times to reduce the tax. After various attempts and refusing his wife’s request countless times he says that he would do so only on the condition that she ride the streets of Coventry completely naked. She called him out on his word and rode the streets on a horse, her long red hair being her only cover on her body. Everyone in the town was instructed to remain indoors, close their doors and their windows as they were not allowed to see that she was riding naked. One, so called Tom had disobeyed this order and that his how the term “peeping Tom” came to be. The lord had lifted the heavy taxation and they all lived happily ever after (maybe, I actually don’t know if they did or not but hey at least they didn’t have to pay high taxes anymore).
If you look at the logo of Godiva chocolates, you will notice a lady on a horse with only her hair covering her. 🙂
Featured photo: google image search